Thursday, January 6, 2011

Top 25 Thoughts

So, it's finally all up. Is that it? Of course not. In the course of delving into this, I discovered several changes I wanted to make to the point system, and several ways in which I think the rankings can be improved. As soon as the full season stats are up at Pro Football Reference, I intend to revise this whole thing, and expand it to include the 2010 season numbers, and to include all passers with at least 1500 career attempts, rather than 2000. I'm not going to redo paragraphs for all the QBs, or even for all the added QBs, but I may do some writeups. In any case, I'll post the whole enormous list when I get it completed, in one monster list.

The whole point here was to learn something about football, and I think I succeeded there. I'm trying not to get too attached to the system, because that's not productive, but I do feel like it's telling me something worth knowing about some of the players whose rank is surprising based on reputation. I also think it's heavily overrating running QBs, and I know why, and I intend to fix it. I believe the updated version of the list, while it obviously won't be definitive in any way, will be even more informative. It's been a worthwhile project.

No comments:

Post a Comment